You may remember Maureen and Chandler from their beautiful wedding last October which we told you all about here. Maureen is my oldest friend and a dear one at that, and you can see she was a beautiful bride! Not that you should be surprised. They are such a great couple and we are happy to see them enjoying married life and thriving!
Mo and Chan man came in on a Monday night and stayed with us before hitting the road for SF the next day. After Alcatraz, some golf along the coast and seeing some friends up north, they came back and spent the weekend with us. We hung out at the pool, went out to dinner, hit my favorite Malibu beach spot and then ventured to Six Flags Magic Mountain. All made for a great weekend.
Maureen and I have a mutual friend from highschool who lives just a few minutes from me with her husband and darling little girl, Avery. Avery is such a ham, seriously adorable and constantly entertaining! We got to hang with the whole family that weekend and it was fun reminisincing high school memories and catching up.
Here are some shots from our Withington Weekend:

The marsh we pass on the way to the beach. Can you see the pelicans?

Pausing for a pic.

Cuteness!




Maureen in the back of our Saab convertible! Maureen has always had a thing for convertibles. It seems that nine times out of ten, if I'm in a convertible it belongs to Maureen. But now we own the convertible and she's our passenger!

Here we are at the Americana in Glendale. There was a giant chandelier outside for some reason.
The following Sunday, we were off to Six Flags Magic Mountain.

More cuteness!

We ran into the fresh prince of bel aire! Haha, sorry honey:) Benner is not a fan of this picture.

Are we seriously doing that?
So Maureen and Chandler love roller coasters. Benner as well. Me? Well, I needed some persuasion and I got plenty of it! Maureen and Chandler's preferred method of persuasion was to withhold as many details of these scary ass rides as possible until the very last minute. Which is how I found myself hanging from a harness, facing the ground from 100 feet up as we swooped and dipped and loopdy-looped on large steel machines with names like Goliath and Tatsu and the Vomi-tron.
I don't know how I let myself go on those things. Maureen and Chandler must be especially charming.

This is the one ride I opted out for. It promised a "4D" experience. I didn't care to find out what all those D's stood for, thank you for much, but Maureen, Chandler and Benner seemed to think they were worth it.
During all the long lines, we played rounds of "Spot The Worst Tattoo" and "I Spy An Ill-Advised Hairstyle." We were also entertained by Chandler, who has a funny story for every occasion. Maureen, however, seemed distracted at times by her throbbing need for funnel cake. Thankfully, we were able to locate some on our way out of the park at the end of the day and she was a happy lady.
Aw, man! This post is making me miss you guys. Thanks so much for coming out! Can't wait for our next visit!

No comments:
Post a Comment