Monday, November 2, 2009

Maureen + Chandler = Love!!!









I could not be happier for my dear friend Maureen and her new HUSBAND Chandler Withington! What an incredible couple this pair makes! Benner and I had the pleasure to fly home a couple weeks ago to celebrate Maureen and Chandler and be a part of their wedding. It was an honor. A little crazy....pouring rain and a couple visits to the ER for the the bridesmaids....but it all worked out beautifully in the end!

The day before the wedding Rhi attended to Maureen's pre wedding needs by getting a pedicure and lunch! But then it was all business as they checked off the final items of the to do list and got ready for the rehearsal dinner. Maureen can drive her mini like its nascar if she's running late.

The rehearsal dinner was a sweet night. Chandler shared his love for Maureen in a very emotional and moving speech. My favorite thing about Mo and Chan (!) is how well they compliment each other's personalities. Chandler is a self proclaimed "sap" and toward the end of his discourse we all heard Maureen whisper "wrap it up:)" which was a highlight of the weekend. Chandler's dad who worked for with the Billy Graham ministry talked about what God did in their lives and it was such an awesome testimony to what God can do in the life of someone with an open heart. And Maggianos is delicious.

Despite the rain and a head injury resulting in an ER trip (no, not me this time! Maureen's sister Kristin!--- who by the way is just about the most awesome maid of honor EVER! I seriously think she should consider doing it freelance for cash. Any bride would be lucky to have her.) The wedding day was perfect. The wedding photos came out beautifully I think BECAUSE of the rain and overcast skies. Maureen has NEVER LOOKED SO GORGEOUS IN HER LIFE. I kept finding myself staring at her she looked so incredible! Chandler knows he good he's got it. You can just tell by the way he looks at her! The only real disappointment of the ceremony is that the music system failed and we had to scrap our intensely rehearsed Chris Brown choreography. Sigh.

We all got a chance to boogie at the reception of course. Kristin and her dad both delivered speeches. (I heart Maureen's dad.) From this we learned that Maureen always looks for ways to support and affirm the kids that struggle more in school, that on occasion she likes lollipops for dinner and if Chandler messes up he can win her over with chocolate:)

Let's see, this is getting long so I'll wrap up a few highlights from the night: the band was great, Greg almost ate Benner's face, we got to reconnect with old faces from the past, (Julie and Danielle are preggers!!!) the cake was amazing. (I still wished I had finished Maureen's since she didnt.) And Maureen's creative crafty touches all came together in a most beautiful way. Oh and the candy bar was awesome.

We got to drop the happy couple off at their hotel and had them all to ourselves on the ride there. I'm sure they were thrilled to hang with us:)

Maureen and Chandler, we love you to pieces and are such awesome friends to us. We loved sharing your special day with you. We can't wait to see what God has in store for your lives!!! Congratulations!

No comments: