8pm: We actually don't really watch anything during this half hour. It's usually spent eating dinner and chatting, (though tonight we watched the ninth inning of the Phillies game... they lost, boo!).
830pm: "Kath and Kim" on NBC. Anybody seen this show? We watched the pilot and weren't really that impressed, but we loved the cast so we decided to give it a shot (Molly Shannon, Selma Blair and John Michael Higgings... they're all funny). We're glad we did, because it has gotten steadily better with each episode since it premiered. Tonight's episode was the best yet, featuring Salt 'n' Pepa inspired dance routines and a hilarious speed-walking. You all should watch it.
9pm: "The Office," also on NBC. Uh, this show is amazing.
930pm: Right now, NBC is running "Saturday Night Live" specials that aren't particularly funny. Sure, they have their moments, but we're dying for "30 Rock" to start back up again.
10pm: "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," on FX. Rhianwen always starts crying during the opening credits, because there are shots of Philly. Particularly, they show a fountain that we took photos at on our wedding day.
That fountain is in the opening credits of the show! Anyways, tonight's episode was, uh, kind of weird to say the least. But it had its moments, and it even spent some extra time at our fountain! Yay!After "Sunny," we usually brush our teeth and get sad about missing Philadelphia. Then we go to bed.
Rhi's Rhimarks: Actually it's called Thursday TV Night. I don't have anything clever or fun to say execpt that being away from all of you makes me realize how grateful and blessed I am to have you in our lives. I miss you all a lot. I am content here in LA, and it many ways prefer it to Philadelphia. But its the people that I miss. I am feeling particulary sentimental and wish that LA was closer to Phildelphia. According to google maps, if we were to drive from our apartment to the Lozano's house at Naylors Run Rd. it would take 1 day and 17 hours. It's 2,711 miles away. We would get to drive through Albuquerque and visit some dear friends and family which would be cool , and then through other states I have no real interest in like Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri. We would spend over 1200 miles on I-40 E. We wouldn't spend nearly as much time on any other road. The next longest road would be I-44 E which we would take through Missouri and we would only be on that for 377 miles.
I am glad that we are in LA right now. And I don't want to leave. I just wish we had the flexibility and resources to visit easily. But this adventure is good and I am seeing fruit come from it. More on that later.
In the mean time, please call me and tell me if you miss me too! That will cheer me up. And also, could you please pray for Benner tomorrow? He has an interview at 3:00 and another potential opportunity and we are praying that by tomorrow he will have two offers. (Thanks Phil.)
I love you Philadelphia. Sleep well.

No comments:
Post a Comment