Hello there lovely bloggers.....
I do hope you are out there. Actually, I know you are. Apparently google makes a gadget that tracks who reads your blog and where they are located. To our surprise, someone in Alaska once read our blog...I guess looking out at Russia isn't as entertaining as it sounds.
So you may or may not know, but Benner was in a car accident last week. Kind of ironic actually. He got a ticket in September for blowing through a cross walk (who actually looks 4 lanes over to see if someone is about to cross?) and got pulled over in a sting operation. Online traffic school did him well because he went to stop at a cross walk last week after dropping me off at work and got rear ended. Yes, our car is only a year and a half old which is unfortunate. The lady was looking for an address, didn't see Benner stop, and BAM.
Thankfully her insurance company has accepted liability and they are paying to have our car fixed. We are currenly driving a Mazda rental. Their marketing must not be working because I don't recognize their emblem and I don't think of an particular lifestyle or status either. Isn't it strange driving a new, different, unrelated to you car? Finding yourself in that new context can be quite unnerving, invigorating, liberating or provocative. You think of yourself in a new way. Or, you just drive and go on with your day. Me, I feel like a totally different person in a mazda. I feel wild. You don't know what to expect with me when I'm driving a mazda. Depends on the person I guess.
The stinker is that Benner has a case of whiplash. He went to see a chiropractor for the first time last week. I think he is feeling a bit skeptical but admits he feels better after each adjustment. (0f the two he has had.) One of his reflexes is off from the accident and his neck has lost its curvature among other issues. Thankfully at this point the Dr. thinks he'll be fine with regular adjustments over the next couple months. Please pray for him if you think of it.
Yes, I know, I felt very strongly about not seeing chiropractors after I went to that conference in Georgia. I don't know what else to say except I'm a hypocrite? No, I don't know how I feel right now. I guess I know the alternative is seeing a regular medical doctor who will either numb the pain with drugs or suggest surgery and I don't like either of those options. Let's hope Benner feels great soon......
Ps. Habeus Bennerus reference has nothing to do with the post. It's just another creative anecdote that I came up with. Kind of catchy eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey Rhi! Glad to hear you are enjoying Cali, but not so glad to hear about traffic tix and accidents! I recently got a Rhi-inspired haircut - but who knows, I may even go shorter! What is the google gadget that helps you see who reads your blog? I want to check it out too!
Ay chihuahua!! Benner is hurt! If you want, I can unleash the attack dogs on this inattentive woman who hit him...just say the word.
Hey Steph-- check out google.com/analytics. You can find out where your readers are (not who), how frequently they read your blog and how long they stay on the page. We've only checked it a couple times, but it was interesting for sure!
Christine. Thank you. You saved me a phone call. The code word is Alpo. Release the hounds when you hear that word....I just have to hunt that lady down.
Post a Comment