Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Two Years of Wonderfulness


Last week, on August 26, Rhianwen and I celebrated two wonderful years of marriage. It's really hard to believe that it's been that long. It alternatively feels longer or shorter, depending on the day really. But all in all, it's been amazing sharing a life with Rhianwen for the past nearly 800 days.

We've been through so many changes, and the fact that I have her as a constant keeps me sane. She knows how to love me, and take care of me, and I thank God everyday that he gave me a wife that knows how to manage a budget (just as I'm sure she's thankful God sent her a husband that can cook). I'm so thankful that Rhianwen knows how to make me laugh, and indulges me in all the nicknames I've given her (we're up to about 200 now). Even in our worst moments, when we argue about things that don't even matter, I can't help but love her with all my heart for her determination and intelligence.

We are perfectly suited for each other, and as we've grown together for the past two years, it has only made me look forward to the next 80.

So, anyways, back to the celebration. Rhi put on a cute little dress that I love and I wore a tuxedo shirt (to commemorate the wedding). I made a fancy pants meal of fillet Mignon with a delicious sauce (Rhianwen said she would put it on cereal, she loved it so much), mashed potatoes and asparagus. Rhianwen, bless her heart, took every single photo of us together in existence and made a collage out of them. I cried just a little. (Does that make me more or less of a man? Discuss.)

Then we drank champagne and slow danced to "As Time Goes By" for hours.


It was a perfect night to kick off the next 80 years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 2 years of marriage! It hardly does seem possible. Mike's meal looks soooooo good and Rhianwen's dress IS very cute. You look like you had a wonderful anniversary. May God bless you with many, many, many more.

Rhi said...

Thanks Mama Ruth! We feel so blessed to have each other. Mike's cooking was so delicious. Speaking of cooking, I am trying to cook more and was just looking over some of your dessert recipes this morning! I miss sitting in your kitchen.