Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oh yeah... a quick update for you


I got a job as a production assistant on "King of the Hill."

It's awesome and, funnily enough, I got the job on our anniversary. A little two-year anniversary gift from God, I guess (the two year anniversary is the Cotton Anniversary, and there is a major character on the show named Cotton...). Basically, a friend ran into a friend randomly and asked if she knew of any jobs. She said, "I need someone this Thursday." A phone call and an email later, and I had the job. Two days later, I was sitting in on my first table read of a script for an Emmy award-winning series. Not a bad series of events.

What a blessing it has been to not only get work, but to work on a show that I actually like. Everyone is nice, the environment is laid back and I get to talk to the people who are in the positions I want to be in.

The only downside is the job security: there isn't much. But God will provide, right gang?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Mike. That is great news and an answer to prayer for you guys.