So here's the first picture, from last Friday's home group (a bi-weekly dinner/hang out time with people from our community). It's Rhianwen holding Ben White, the new addition to the White family (just another White kid, I say).

Here's Rhi showing off Ben to Jude (our roommate). Babies looking at babies is cute.

This is Jim and Rebecca, AKA Ben's parents, AKA the White People. That's Rachel in the background.

Here's a shot of three large men on a two-person couch. That's Andrew, me and Phil. Can you tell who is most uncomfortable with the contact of other men? (Hint: He's clutching a yellow pillow very, very tightly.)

This is Micah.

He is so freaking cute. Seriously, make this picture black and white and come up some down home witticism, and you have a greeting card. A good example: "I WUV YOU MOMMY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Stick it in a Hallmark store, charge $3 for it and you're a millionaire. Boom.

From left is Matt, Tony, Cathy and Tim. We love them all.
The next day, Rachel and Phil (the wonderful people who took us vagabonds in) hosted a little going away party with some friends. It was a great day: good food, good beer, Johnny almost fell into slimey ditch water and I hit Jenn in the face with a football. Good times. Here are some photos.

That's Rhianwen's college roommate Jen with her son Aiden, and my friend Mikey. They all went to college together at West Chester before each diverging on separate paths. Jen is having kids, Rhianwen is moving across the country and Mikey now sweeps chimneys for a living (good to see that he's working within his major).

That's Rhianwen holding Aiden while sitting next to my good friend Greg. At first Greg had his hand around Rhi's shoulder, but I got kind of creeped out since they look like some super Aryan couple sending out a birth announcement as it is. Too much blonde hair in this picture.

This is me and our friend Megan helping her son Edan walk across the yard. Maybe I'm just self-conscious, but are my feet ugly or what? I look like a hobbit without all the hair, which reveals my pale, almost translucent skin. It's haunting, really. Cute picture though, huh? Edan's feet are a lot cuter than mine.

This is Rhi with her parents, Chuck and Gwenyth, the greatest in-laws a guy could ever ask for.

I don't understand what's going on here.

Don't really understand this too much, either.

Okay, this is just kind of corny. Also, there's at least two men in there.

Mikey, Me and Joe. This picture looks kind of nice, but it took like 40 attempts to get it. There were a lot of, uh, outtakes. Here's one:

There were about 40 others just like this.

Here's Matt and Jenn, our next door neighbors. This is the Jenn I hit in the face with a football. But you can't even tell, can you guys? Let's have a round of applause for Jenn, what a sport!

Here's Rhi and I holding Aiden. This picture was taken just moments before Rhianwen actually bit Aiden. It was a weird moment for everyone involved.

All was forgiven, though, and Jen and Rob posed with us for this picture. Moments after this shot was taken, however, Rhianwen bit Rob. Again, it was a weird moment for everyone involved.

Here's Rhi and I taking a picture with Steve, the pastor of our church, who was gracious enough to stop by our shindig. If you'll notice, I'm actually sitting on air. It's a strange ability, but it's my cross to bear.
And that was last weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment