Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sarah's baby shower!

That's right! That baby is comin', which means we gotta shower it! So Rhi, Gwenyth and I headed up north to San Francisco to give that baby the ol' what for!

Rhianwen managed to pack our entire kitchen into the back of the Versa and made the trek 8 hours north with her Mama (for work reasons, I was to follow the next day via aero-plane.) We had a big task ahead of us: shopping, cooking, decorating, baby showering, puppetry... Rhi had a vision for Sarah and Steve's baby, and I think we achieved it:
















Of course, it was a labor of love. (Get it? Eh?) But we are so excited to welcome little Benneretta Wilson (still trying to win them over to this name) that we were glad to do it. Here's Sarah and Steve (and us too) enjoying all the super cool loot they got! Er, I mean the baby got.





The above quilt was made by my amazingingly talented Great Aunt Jean -- isn't impressive?

And a super special thanks to Mama/Gwenyth, Carrie and Nicole who helped out with much-needed details for Sarah's shower. Also, thanks to Rhi's cousin Tegwyn and her partner Carmen, who we were blessed to hang out with and who were also suckered into helping us prep some food at the last minute.

Also we had a great time hanging out with them. Can't you tell I love my cousin?


Thanks guys! Only 3 weeks to go until Baby Wilson!

2 comments:

katie and matt said...

Those decorations are just wonderful! It is very easy to see how much the two of you care for your family. You two never cease to amaze K and me.

Rhi said...

Thank you Katie! You're so sweet. Thanks for lending us some of your serverware as well! As you can see it came in handy:)