And things were made all the more special by Rhianwen, who is usually not the best at keeping surprises. But this time she surprised me good. You see, there's this little place called Alcove that has a chocolate peanut butter chip cake I would eat every day for the rest of my life if I could. (For financial and geographic reasons, I don't. Oh, health reasons too, yeah.) So anyway, Rhianwen suggested the day before my birthday, "Let's go to Alcove tomorrow night and get that cake you love." I suspected something, but she played it down, not even balking when I changed my mind about going at the last minute. But the allure of the chocolate peanut butter chip cake won out, and I decided that yes, I must go to Alcove. It's my birthday, after all. So we went, and this is what was waiting for me there:

Yes, Rhianwen had eight dear friends waiting there for us. I was truly, truly surprised. And touched. Thank you, honey. And thanks Robins, Jongs, Maxwells, Chapman and John for coming out.
Also, a couple funny pictures came out of that night. Here they are:


This is already a long post, and I feel kind of self absorbed at this point because it's all about me, but there's more! Later that week, my mom sent me two packages, stuffed to the brim with Vermont foodstuffs. (She's not from Vermont, she just happens to travel there regularly.)

Look at all that! That's way too much stuff. Particularly excited about the beers (Vermonster was good) and the maple mustard sauce. And then I got a package from my dad, in honor of both my birthday and the Flyers heading to the Stanley Cup Finals, who sent me some Flyers swag.

Thanks dad! Go Flyers! Happy birthday, me!
UPDATE: Oh, I almost forgot, one of my bosses was actually on vacation during my birthday, but he did upload this YouTube video in my honor:

No comments:
Post a Comment