"Mike and Rhianwen? Hey, it's Donovan! Tell you what, we're going to goto the Super Bowl and win it for you two. What do you say to that?"
The Phillies have my love and admiration unconditionally, always. But I'll openly admit that, when it comes to the Eagles, I am the definition of a bandwagon fan. When they are winning, I am rooting for them. The second they lose, it's as if I never loved them in the first place. I can't explain the emotional underpinnings of such a reaction; I don't know why I act that way, I just do.
That doesn't mean that when they're losing, I don't watch their games. I just do it with a bad attitude. "Why is Andy Reid passing right now?" I'll complain to no one in particular (Rhianwen does not really care about my complaints). "How come Sheldon Brown doesn't hit like he used to? I hate this team, always have." Then they'll do something like put up 200 points on a good team and I'll be back on board, acting as though I never left.
All this is to say that in light of how well the Eagles have played as of late, Sunday's game against the Cardinals has me beyond excited. I am of the opinon that, as long as the Eagles play as they have recently, they shouldn't have any trouble. The Cards' defense isn't particularly intimidating and our defense has the talent to bottle them up (or at least get stops). Then it's on to the Super Bowl, hopefully against Pittsburgh and we can enjoy putting that lousy city in its place.
But that complaining spirit is still lingering, for another reason entirely. Specifically, how is that two things I've never seen in my lifetime but have been waiting for (A Phillies World Series win and an Eagles Super Bowl win) might both be happening in the very year Rhi and I move to Los Angeles?
How is this fair?
(Sidenote: We have changed the colors of the blog to green and silver, to reflect our Eagles' fandom. Nice, huh?)

1 comment:
Yeah! Go Birds, from China!!!!!! Love and miss you guys! When are you coming to China?
Post a Comment