Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rhi's Celebrity Sightings

Here are the latest celebrity sightings from Rhi and Benner (technically just Rhi, I haven't seen any of these people). They may not be up to snub with Larry David or Bill Murray, but still exciting, right?

Johnny Galecki: He stars in "The Big Bang Theory" and works out at the Warner Bros. gym, where Rhianwen spots him on a regular basis!

Rhi's Rhimarks:
He comes early in the morning, works with a trainer and is cuter in real life than on the show.

Simon Helberg: Also from "Big Bang." Rhianwen has seen him around the WB lot. I would never recognize him, but looking at his IMDB profile, he's been in a lot of stuff.

Rhi's Rhimarks: OMG, this guy is tiny. Really tiny. I did a double take! He was buying something at the news stand when I was getting lunch on the lot. I successfully didn't stare but it really was quite shocking. Not that there is anything wrong with being smaller than average at all but it's baffling because he doesn't look that small on TV. I mean, really, he is so petite! (We get it, he's small--Mike)
Angus T. Jones: The little kid from "Two and a Half Men" also works out alongside Rhianwen at the WB gym.

Rhi's Rhimarks: This is what happens when a kid's weight is teased on network television for years and years of his developing young life as this poor kid has been. The poor guy is like 1o and has a trainer. He's not overweight at all now, but I imagine they still find ways to call him fat on the show. Hopefully none of you watch it though. (Rhianwen realizes this is a bit hypocritical, seeing as how she was teasing the guy above about being short, but she's a complicated person and maintains she wasn't teasing, just genuinely shocked--Mike)

Regina King: Star of "Jerry Maguire," "Ray," and about a thousand other things from voicing cartoons to sitcoms shares Rhianwen's dentist. Just tonight, she was one chair over from Rhi getting dental work done.

Rhi's Rhimarks: There's a scene in in Jerry Maguire that is so beautiful and stands out in my mind. One of my favorite moments really. The contract just came in from the team and they offered Rod Tidwell a crappy deal. Instead of defeat, Regina King (as Marcee) turns to her husband, cups his face in her hands and says: "......Baby, this is us and we determine our worth. You're a fine, proud, surviving, splendid black man." Doesn't really jump out at you on paper, but I'm sure you all saw it anyway.

The Black Eyed Peas: These rappers also share Rhianwen's dentist and--funnily enough--they all get their teeth done at the same time (Except for Fergie). Rhianwen saw them sitting in the lobby all in a row, reading Highlights or something. I can just imagine that they all share a house and sleep in a triple bunkbed and have a chore wheel or something.

Rhi's Rhimarks: Not that exciting. I wouldn't have even recognized them but heard one of the staff commenting on it. We all need to care for our gums!

No comments: