Thursday, May 8, 2008

What Are The Benners Up To?

Since Rhianwen and I have arrived here in California, we've been terribly busy. Apologies to the very few loyal blog readers we have for the inactivity. Our time has been spent applying to jobs, searching for an apartment and driving around neighborhoods to get the lay of the land.

And after days of searching, we are proud to announce that we have found our apartment: A spacious one-bedroom apartment in a rent controlled building with a pool, located in a nice part of Studio City. We move in May 23.

Now we just need to find jobs so we can afford it.

Aside from that stuff, we've been missing Philadelphia terribly. The people, the places, our community... things just aren't the same out here. They're not bad, mind you; we've already met a ton of people and had a surprising number of social engagments. It's just not the same as what we had back in Philly, and we miss that.

So, if you're reading this from the East Coast, know that we love you and miss you and parts of us wish that we were hanging out with you right now.

But feel free to come out to LA and stay with us, because our apartment is actually very big and cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been gteat to be able to keep up with you during your trip to L.A. Sounds like a positive experience in every way! Looking forward to seeing you in June. Congratulations on finding an apartment!

Unknown said...

Great news about finding a place you really like ;-> PTL!! I was just going through the photos from the last Home Group at Phil and Rachel Lozano's and missing u 2...I deleted all the shots that didn't work out and I now have 12 that really rock.

Love,
Miriam

PS I wouldn't worry too much about not posting every day, especially during job hunting...I'm thinking once a week would be about right ;-> and hooray for you if you can keep it up with all that's going on.