Friday, May 2, 2008

Road Trip: Day 8


View Larger Map

Rhi and I are exhausted. We just finished our drive tonight and didn't feel like typing up a long, wordy description of yesterday's events. So, here's a slideshow followed by a few choice comments. Please enjoy!



- We started the day in Santa Fe, NM and went from there to France's house in Albuquerque. It is such a unique, one-of-a-kind house. I asked her about how she designed it, and she said she just made it up as she went along without any blueprints or designs. We love France.

- Tuba City: Not as fun as it sounds.

- I (Benner) had never been to the Grand Canyon. I didn't know what to expect, other than it being big and all. It is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen on earth. I am planning to go back.

- That Flintstones campground thing at the end of the slideshow is one of the most horribly kitschy, stupid and awesome things I've seen. Not quite as good as the Grand Canyon, but it too may be worth a trip to Arizona by itself.

- Rhi and I saw 4 moose on our way from the Grand Canyon to Flagstaff, three females and one full-on giant male with huge antlers. Two were just hanging out on the side of the road, the other two were actually in the road. It was cool.

- It gets so dark at night in Arizona, it's almost scary. It is an enveloping, almost breathable darkness. Headlights help, but they too often felt like they would be overpowered by the inky blackness.

- Never go to the Rodeway Inn in Flagstaff. Never.

- We'll post the final installment of Road Trip tomorrow, when/if we have time. It was a long but nice day from Flagstaff to LA, and we're eager to talk about it along with other thoughts. Just too tired to type it up for now. Until then, friends.

No comments: